Thursday, November 1, 2012

Letter of Acceptance from China!

Today we received our Letter of Acceptance (LOA) from China! Our agency is overnighting it to us for our signatures and then we start the next phase of paper work in order to travel. Their estimation is that we are about 10-12 weeks away from traveling. WOW! Things are moving so fast! Normally it takes 1-2 months or more to receive the LOA. We got it in 1 week from our preapproval, 2 weeks from our Letter of Intent submission. I have had a feeling deep inside that things were going to move fast, but not this fast. We received our referral call Oct. 11th. It has not even been 1 month. Things just don't usually move this quickly. God has a plan, and that is so great. But, this is where I am tested. I cannot let my faith grow weary. I believe I will be amazed with how things work out by the end and we are all back safely in our home, as a new family. What I am looking forward to the most is how God will use our story to draw others to Him. He will be glorified.

1 Chronicles 16: 8-12: 
8Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done. 9Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts. 10 Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice. 11 Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always. 12 Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced,

Amazing story recently:
In September, right after we moved, I ran into someone at church that I don't get to see very often, but that I have known for about a year now because we are on the Orphan Care team together at church. I had not talked to her all summer. She asked me if we had our referral for Lulu yet. I said no, and I have no clue when it could be coming through. She was surprised to hear that we were not matched yet, but didn't miss a beat with the next words out of her mouth: "You'll have her by Christmas" and then she walked away. I was completely speechless and wondered if I had just heard a prophetic word from the Lord. I told Ty about it because he walked up right after. The kids were with me and heard everything.  Now if anyone knows the process of adoption, if ya don't have a referral in Sept. it's highly UNLIKELY that you'll have your child by Christmas!  Well, I know my God and ANYTHING is possible. I am seeing it play out in front of my very own eyes RIGHT NOW. I better buckle in ya'll, this ride is getting crazy!

Jeremiah 33:3
3 'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.'

Because things are moving so fast we have decided to sell a car that we don't absolutely need. You can view the listing below. Please tell anyone that you know in need of a car about our listing. We would surely appreciate it! It is a great vehicle, and for a great cause! It would make a fabulous Christmas present for a teenager!
http://peoria.craigslist.org/cto/3368472566.html

Also, I am selling some scrapbook albums and child memory keeper items I do not need and have never used. Things I bought a long time ago when I had more time! The listings below have many pictures of several great albums in many different sizes, styles, and colors.

http://peoria.craigslist.org/art/3369479412.html

http://peoria.craigslist.org/art/3369492243.html

http://peoria.craigslist.org/art/3369500875.html

http://peoria.craigslist.org/art/3369509565.html

This one is a wonderful growth chart for any child. You can even paste pictures on it as your child grows.
http://peoria.craigslist.org/bab/3369516470.html

Thanks for taking the time to read!
Blessings,
~Marci

No comments: