Thursday, December 29, 2011

Heavenly Minded

One of the biggest lessons I learned while Ty was out of work was to be more heavenly minded. I realized that I had spent way too many years caring about earthly things and issues. God took that time to remind me of what was important, and to let go of the things that are not so important when viewed with an eternal perspective. This was so good for me because it helped me to let go of our past and many things that were once important to us that we walked away from, as well as deal with Ty's job loss.

I was also reminded that God owns everything. He can give us whatever He wants to, whenever He wants to. He took care of us and gave us what we needed, and allowed us to see what is truly important in this life on earth.  For the first time in my life I was truly able to see the purpose of this life, and to know that whatever God has for my future, that is what I wanted over all.  I also felt for the first time that God's love and salvation is all I really need.
Learning these things have been so important for our adoption journey. First of all, learning what we learned opened us up to whatever God wants no matter what will be said to us by others. Secondly, our faith grew for how God would take care of everything we needed to continue to add to our family, and to let go of the fact that we don't need a big, perfect home in order to continue the adoption path. All we need is our faith in our big God, and to continue to say "yes".

Most people say no because they think they need the finances and the perfect house to say yes. I am living proof that you don't. I will post more about our home later.

For now, continue to walk in faith and put a pair of heavenly glasses on. God will show you marvelous things you have never thought of.

Jeremiah 33:3
New Life Version (NLV)
3 ‘Call to Me, and I will answer you. And I will show you great and wonderful things which you do not know.’ 

No comments: