Friday, January 13, 2012

A Day I Have Waited For

So today I was able to finally send off all of our paper work and dossier documents to Colorado to our agency, Chinese Children Adoption International (CCAI). They will take about 9 days to critically review our dossier documents and get them ready to send to China. I would say about the first week of Feb. they should be sent. That will be good timing due to the Chinese New Year. I think they will arrive just as it is ending and they are returning to work.

I am looking forward to how this journey is going to unfold. It is going to be amazing and eye opening to see God's miracles right in front of my eyes. We will either be matched with Lulu or we won't....we will either make financial deadlines, or we won't....we will travel this sumner, or we won't...all I know is God has His hand in this and He has already paved the way and knows how it all ends, and our new life with our daughter begins. I can't wait.

It's funny because even with this adoption I can see how the father takes the back seat just like in pregnancy! Ty said tonight he isn't worried about anything and he'll just be excited the day we get her. I told him I'm not worried or stressed, (ok, sometimes I stress!) but I look forward to each milestone/deadline that we reach. Like pregnancy, we mothers get to feel the baby all the way to the delivery room and we treasure each new phase and kick....the dad just seems to realize we are really having a baby as we enter the delivery room! Ty's along for the ride, but I know what he means, he'll just live each day as he always has until the day arrives that he can wrap her in his arms. I'm the one planning everything out! LOL! Dads. I guess they keep us moms balanced??? Gives us some perspective maybe. Live life. Enjoy. The day will come soon enough. Ok, good advice.

Today as I woke up I felt God say: "I am all you need" and then my verse today was a similar message. As I get worried how this and that will work out and how every financial deadline will be met, I am to remember, HE IS ALL I NEED. He will do everything, all I have to do is keep saying "yes" to his WILL.

Here is a pic of our complete compilation of papers:

Don't let the paper work shy you away from taking these same steps! One piece of paper work at a time, one step at a time, that is all you need to complete.

I had never seen an "authenticated" document before, so here you go!
This is the seal the Chinese Consulate in Chicago puts on the back of the documents after they've  been notarized and certified by the secretary of state. Neat!

Today God reminded me:
Romans 9:16-17
It does not, therefore, depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy. For the scripture says to Pharaoh: "I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.

It does not matter what I do, I just have to say yes. God takes care of the rest and His name will be glorified. Not for my glory, but for His! I just continue to be humbled He has called our family to this calling of adopting orphans. NOTHING I have ever done has allowed me this opportunity. I can't do this, He can. I write this post more for myself! Hope it ministers to you too, but I need to hear my own words, His words... because tonight I have been discouraged thinking about a few of the barriers I see. BUT GOD HAS NO BARRIERS!!!! All he does is wait patiently for us to say YES! Thank you Lord!

No comments: